With only five weeks before 2016 comes to an end, the new year is quickly approaching. Now is the time to begin planning your trip if you plan on trekking on the Inca Trail. Permits for the Inca Trail go on sale in January and to ensure your space on the trek on your desired dates, you will want to move quickly.
Here are a few helpful facts to help you prepare for visiting Peru in 2017:
- 5 Day Discovery Inca Trail option is our most popular optionallowing for a balanced pace and plenty of time in Machu Picchu. Group Departure dates (from Cusco) depart every Tuesday and Thursday
- 500 permits are available per day including all trekkers ,guides, porters and support staff
- Best time to travel is from May - September as this is the dry season making for ideal trekking conditions. Permits sell out for these dates within hours/days of being released
- If Inca Trail Permits are sold out for your dates of travel, we have a variety of alternative treks that would combine routes allowing you still to walk through Inti Punku (the Sun Gate) into Machu Picchu such as this itinerary combining the Lares Route and the Short Inca Trail (different permits)
- If you enjoy hiking but do not want to spend the night camping, consider one of our Lodge to Lodge trek itineraries available on the Salkantay Route or the Lares Valley
Either fill out a trip request at the bottom of each link provided above or click on the yellow "Start Planning" button below and we can further assist with your travel plans to Peru for 2017. As we tailor each itinerary specific to our travelers ideal trip, we have the flexibility and ability to craft the ideal itinerary for your Peru Adventure.